Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Unfolding Another Secret to Radiant Skin : The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel

Jakarta (pic from Jakarta-indohotels.com)
When you are living in Jakarta, harsh weather and dirty polluted air are a given. Add the aging process into the equation and sooner or later your skin will seem dry ad dull. Thankfully there are plenty of skincare products that promise to shed that dull skin away by exfoliating dead skin cells thus giving you back the bright glowing skin that’s so rightfully yours. However, with different ranges of peeling treatment out there, it’s very important to know your skin type and its possible reaction to the treatment. If you have a sensitive skin, even the mildest type of peeling product might make your face itch, red and flaky and before you know it, you’d rather lock yourself up in your room rather than face the world.


Those with healthy faces should hold off holding the party, though. According to the post in the FashioneseDaily (Deszell 2011), your face might be home to bacteria called porphyin, an organic compound that can be found in living tissue or in byproduct of living tissue. It’s produced by Propionbacterium acnes bacteria (P.acnes) that usually live in the pores. This is one factor that contributes to the development of acne and when exposed to the sun, the prophyrins may release harmful free radicals that can accelerate skin aging. Ugh! I have a feeling that I might be a host of these bacteria given how easy my skin had breakouts these days.
I was recently invited by the Fashionese Daily to participate in reviewing the Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel that was just launched recently. I immediately jumped up and down because I was a long time member of Team Peeling and the chance of reviewing a peeling product was not something I would pass up.



The main ingredient of the Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel, according to Deszell’s note was an enzyme of Mucor Miehei Mushroom (say that with me, everyone!), which will work to lift up your dead skin cells until it reaches the cells where the PH is balanced. That’s where the Mucor Miehei Mushroom will stop lifting anymore of your skin cells and therefore it will not cause any irritation. Now, one of my top 10 ten favorite words is mushroom (chocolate and sambal are others) , so a “smart” mushroom is exciting!

First Application – Saturday Evening

The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel promises that after 8 minutes of application, you would have smooth and glowing skin. Now what woman wouldn’t want that? While I was ecstatic to receive the samples, I was a tad disappointed because I couldn’t experience the real packaging. The instructions suggested that user applies 8 pumps of the gel-like product thinly onto clean face. I applied the Peel gel evenly and thinly across my face and neck, then waited for approximately 8 minutes for the product to do its magic. While waiting, I felt my skin warmed up a tiny bit but that’s that. No feeling of itchiness or burning sensation that I usually experienced when trying out stronger peeling product. Once the 8 minutes were up, I softly massaged my face to help the exfoliating process. Cleansing off the product was easy as the warm water washed the gel away.

The Result

In short, I felt nothing. I was a bit worried that I might not do the instruction right because I didn’t feel and see any change on my face. However, this might also due to the gentler and naturally derived ingredients in the Peel that hold off irritation that usually accompanies chemical peel. I could still feel that my face was a bit warm after 30 minutes but that’s the only sensation I felt. Unfortunately, the next day I had one new spot on my left cheek which made me wonder if the Peel was to blame.


Second Application – Wednesday Evening

Since the product was not supposed to be used more than twice a week and not two days in a row, I chose Wednesday for my second application. I followed the previous regimen, washing my face, and then use the 2nd sachet of sample of The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel. Since I was so used to a peeling treatment, I actually was pretty tempted to lengthen the waiting time. Again, during the 8 minute wait time I experienced a warming sensation on my face which lingered a bit after I washed off the product.


The result

Bingo! Now this time, I felt a big difference on the way my skin felt. My face was really smooth to the touch, glowed a bit and looked fantastically suppler and moisturized. Too bad it was late and the only place I’d rather be was my cozy bed.

2nd Week

I applied the Peel two more times after the first week. While I could not really feel the lasting difference in my skin texture, I can definitely feel how smooth my skin feels seconds after taking off the product.  It's definitely as smooth as baby's bottom and I just couldn't stop touching my face.

The Verdict
image source : http://mychildmalaysia.com/
The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a product that might make a difference the longer you use it, just like any skincare. To decide whether this product really delivers, I'd suggest at least 6 weeks of application. This is the rule of thumb I follow for other skincare products.

Since I've religiously used dermatologist prescribed AHA night cream for years, the Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is very mild in my book. However, those who never use any peel and posses sensitive skin would perhaps benefit more from this Artistry product. An additional note though, I noticed that my face doesn't look as dull as when I forgot to put on my usual night cream and it certainly looks radiant.  Whether I should put this down due to my using The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel for 2 weeks is still yet to be confirmed.

Price wise, for a 20 ml product, The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel is a bit steep at Rp 995,000. 1 bottle would take you approximately 12 applications for 6 weeks of continuous usage. However, since this Peel was part of Amway skincare range, you can join Amways’ Privileged Cuss.tomer Program so you could get The Artistry Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel at member’s price. Visit http://www.sehatplus.com/ for more information.

No comments: